The Legend of Parodies The Legend of Parodies

While I don't think the Ren and Stimpy style really gelled with the point of the cartoon, I have to give you five stars for the point you were making alone.

It's too bad children exist. And by that I mean, it sucks that there will always be people new to that sort of joke, that will cause the rest of us to suffer such jokes existence.

These Video Game Jokes These Video Game Jokes

Excellent. But you need more. Like Mario hurting himself trying to break a brick, or someone in a stealth game being undetectable because they're in a shadow. I'm really sick of these overused video game jokes.

asdfmovie3 asdfmovie3

It was okay.

It started with the dog thing and I was like okay, a bit random, kinda funny, then the title. Then I was thinking maybe the rest will make a little sense. But I was so wrong.

It was all too random. I, and a lot of other people, have reached a point where random humour isn't funny any more. What makes it funny is the surprise of it all, but it becomes harder and harder to get surprised the more random humour one sees.

It's the same reason I stopped reading Cyanide and Happiness. It's not exactly predictable, but because you're exepcting randomness after the first skit, the randomness is no longer surprising. It's like watching any M. Night. Shyamalan movie after The Sixth Sense. You know a twist is coming so the twist is no longer impressive.

A few of the jokes did seem to have a hint of humour, as in there was a certain irony or miscommunication in them (goodbye world), but the majority were just things that happened that were not normally what you'd expect to happen, or worse, just plain random events like a guy punching a salad.

A lot of what makes lasting humour is context. Everything in this movie was so out of context. Because the world the joke is in has no established rules or characters, doing something crazy isn't funny. I'm sure a lot of people who love this movie now will grow to hate it as they are exposed to more and more random humour. I loved Family Guy when I was 13-14, not so much these days.

Art and aniamtion served their purpose. If it had been done with full colour and detailed characters it probably would have seemed like you were trying to hard. Voice acting was pretty good, not expecting TV quality on Flash cartoons.

tl;dr Random humour isn't funny the billionth time.

Super Dangerous Dungeons Super Dangerous Dungeons

Pretty fun game. Addicting, and makes failure feel like it's the fault of the player, not the game. Spritework was good, and the music has that old Squaresoft sound. But a few issues stood out.

1. The gates look a lot like ladders, which confused me the first time or two I interacted with them. But the chains were worse. They looked like part of the background and not walls. Every time I started a stage with a chain wall I tried to run past them again.

2. There was no way to adjust your horizontal positioning by just a couple of pixels. Inching forward or making a small correction to a jump was impossible. An instant tap of the directional key causes the character to move 5 or 6 whole pixels, which is annoying with all the precision jumps the player is expected to make.

3. Maybe this was just me, but the water boss seemed much harder than the fire and grass bosses. I died on the latter two a total of about ten times put together, but I must have died 60 times on the water boss because of all the single tile platforms.

(There was also no music the first time I started the fourth area. Just a small glitch I thought I'd mention.)

All the above is pretty minor, and I'd probably give the game the full five stars were it not for the Wind Waker bullshit padding telling me to go back and find some keys. I elected to stop playing at that point. Had it been to unlock some secret or achievement I may have tried it. But blatantly barring progress for cryptic backtracking is unacceptable.

Still a really solid game. Good work in general. I almost finished this one ( I assume) and I usually lose interest in browser games after a minute or two.

Cathode Raybots Cathode Raybots

Really cool idea, but user generated content lets it down. It just felt like fighting Quick Man (too spazzy) or Metal Man (Easy if you know what you're doing) for 90%+ of the bots. Which results in a game that isn't as fun as it should be. Once I was up against a bot with a beam sword in a mazelike arena, that only prior knowledge of the bosses pattern could possibly allow me to beat.

And I found the rating system to be a bit unclear. Am I rating how much I liked the bot or how difficult it was? There should have been rating for each, because there are many difficult but cheap bots, and some easy but fun ones. That way spazzy and heavily memory based bots could be sorted out in favour of legitimately challenging ones.

Bottom line: Relying so heavily on user generated content pretty much ruins the experience for me. when I play a game I want professional -- or at least dedicated amateur -- content.

CodeName Ezekiel CodeName Ezekiel

Oldschool in more ways than one.

Classic shmup action. The graphics look something like 2003 Flash games, but behind that is a really fun game. Simple and easy to play. The time mechanic was fun and useful.

My loan complaint is the health recovery of the third boss. Without the right upgrades I had to spend a good fifteen minutes hammering away at it.

Overall great job, though.

ThomSip responds:

Thanks for the 9 :)

NSMB - Castle V2 NSMB - Castle V2

I'm impressed.

So often VG remixes on the audio portal sound worse than the original song. It's not the case for your song. It's great, it's epic. And the changes are so subtle, but great. Excellent job.

SockpuppetRemix responds:

Thanks! =D

Tank Man Tank Man

Interesting piece of work. Too bad I already did it a couple years ago (As a game I mean, not this picture specifically). But for some reason I never thought to make the Tank Man a robot.

PsychoGoldfish responds:

See, your game just proves this needs to be fleshed out into a full 8-boss megaman game! Nice work